rhu
Contributor
4 months ago
New Idea

Make logfile results in Pipelie easier to use

We use TestComplete within an azure pipeline and get the Testresult as e-Mail.
Unfortunately the way the information we get (in the e-mail) about the tests is not very helpful.
You get an email,
1) there y press a link, 
2)then to get detailed information you press the link to go to the agent job
3) Then y press teh ling for e.g teh 100% passed
4) Now y get an overview of theaborted and failed test
5) If y want to get  also the passed (succedded tests) you have to do a selection and add the passed runs
NOW YOU GET A LIST SORTED BY DURATION! WHAT DOES NOT REALLY HELP.
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE TEST SORTED E.G. BY THE ORDER THEY WHERE EXECUTED, because i have tests that depend on each other like Test1) set user right. Test 2) do soemting, Test 3) remove userright.

To My opinion it is also not helpful that teh default the test are displayed ist the .mht format!

rhu
    Contributor

I know there are other methods like adding a script with "Log.SaveResultsAs" at the last test in the ProjectSuite and so we get the results as xml file stored in a folder and one can also use the Testresult folder in VSTest-TestAssemblies in the pipeline to get the information stored.
    But when we get the e-Mail it would be much easier the get the information if it would easier to access and better structured.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I generate XML results, which I then translate into a readable format, to be sent via email. My email with results looks like this,