Forum Discussion

mkirkland
Contributor
13 years ago

Adding new action to existing keyword test locks up IE

I have some tests that are already working as designed. I am going through and adding a few more test actions to them. I can add the new actions with no issues but as soon as i run the updated keyword test, TestComplete gets through the first 2 actions in my test and then locks up IE completely. I have to stop the test, kill the IE process in DM and then restart my web application and then restart the TestComplete keyword test. After killing/restarting IE i can run the keyword test 1000 times without problems until i decide to add a new action to the existing test.

Very frustrating and wasting alot of my time. It seems like it locks up when it comes to the "Wait" operation for an IE page...completely locks up... :(

3 Replies

• Hi Matt,

I failed to reproduce a similar problem on my Windows 7 machine equipped with TestComplete 8.70.727 and Internet Explorer 9. So, I'll need more details about the issue to try to determine its cause:

1. Describe your environment - I need to know the exact versions of Windows, TestComplete and Internet Explorer.

2. Do you have the LCIE feature disabled as it is described in the "Disabling Loosely Coupled Internet Explorer" section of the "Preparing Web Browser" help topic? If you don't, try disabling it.

3. Can you reproduce the problem using a public site, e.g. http://google.com?
  • 1. I am running Win7 X64, using IE8 with the latest version of TestComplete (8.70.727.7)

2. I do NOT have LCIE disabled

3. I was not able to reproduce this on my other sites.

What i ended up doing was removing the HTTP Load testing plugin from the project and it has seemed to clear up. Im not sure why this would have had any type of effect on the keyword tests but it seemed to have worked.

I do have this very same issue with the load testing plugin. I can try to record a load test in IE and it completely locks up the browser as soon as the recording begins. If i try the same steps in FireFox then it works as it should, no problems. The only difference that i can think of is that my application when run in IE uses ActiveX controls and in chrome and FireFox it doesnt use the ActiveX