Forum Discussion

qakeeton
New Contributor
2 months ago

New test execution for whole test cycle

Is there a way to start a new test execution for a whole test cycle?

I have a test cycle that has like 10 tests or so, but a few tests failed and the ticket got sent back to the dev. After dev fixes the issues, I need to run the entire test cycle again and would like to be able to start a new execution for all the tests. I don't want to just mark all the tests as in progress or something because I don't want to loose the record of the original failed status. If I just click the start new execution button one by one as I go, I might loose track of which test I still need to do and it doesn't really accurately reflect my test progress.

Thanks,

2 Replies

duck-tester
    Occasional Contributor

You could do this two ways.

1. Start a new test execution keeps the status in the test execution history. So you will never lose that traceability. You could mark tests that have not been ran as "Skipped" and add a comment as to why or link the bug to those tests
    2. You could clone the Test Cycle and rename to include the fix (title or cycle description could be used for this). This will copy the current test cycle but not clone the current test executions that you have already passed or failed.

Hope this helps

qakeeton
    New Contributor

is there a way to start a new test execution for multiple tests at once or do you have to do them 1 at a time?