Forum Discussion

Butch
Occasional Contributor
3 months ago
Solved

How to view Estimated Time effort in Reports?

Currently I'm setting Estimated Time in the Test case as per below:

Then once all added to the Test Cases, I can see the Estimated time/Effort in the Test Cycle summary:

However when I run Summary report on the above Test Cycle, I only see the actual time shown and not the Estimated as well? What do I need to do to ensure the estimated time is included as well?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

• Update to this, with the new release, this has now been fixed by the looks of it.

5 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

We can see that the value for the Estimated field is being taken from the Execution record in the Test Player (or you can also see it in the Execution tab in the Test Case) - both are null.  It looks like a bug - the Execution record is not grabbing the estimated value from the test case.  I don't think there's a workaround for this because any execution report or dashboard part is going to get its estimated time value from the execution record, but you might be able to export executions and test cases separately and calculate in a spreadsheet.

Execution estimated:

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

This is the update I received from SmartBear support - I haven't verified it as yet...

"... if the "Estimated Time" is updated after you add the testcase to the test cycle, i.e., after the execution begins, you will be unable to view the estimated time in the execution tab or in the reports that are generated - [this] is expected. Therefore, I recommend that you start a new test execution to see the changes that were made. You can also [export the] report, which includes the latest execution details and an estimated time."

Butch
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks MisterB! I added in the estimated time when creating the test cases, it was only when I started running them that I noticed what you see that the Estimated field is not being populated. I'll see what the exported report looks like 

Butch
    Occasional Contributor

Update to this, with the new release, this has now been fixed by the looks of it.

Butch
    Occasional Contributor

Hmm, the export shows the estimated time, but that will be no good to the Project Managers as they will want to see an overall estimated time left for e.g in the report.