Forum Discussion

AlG
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago

Anyone notice anything odd with the graphs in the Zephyr Scale reports?

Noticed a bit of a funny today. I've been using the Test Cases Over Time report and find it useful to let management track how many tests are being produced each week however...

It seems that for the weekly view, the dates in the graph legend are incorrect. For example we produced 38 new tests last week giving us a total of 426 as of today 26/04/2021. The graph output shows the correct numbers but the date in the graph for last week is 11/04/2021? If i change the report to daily or monthly it is correct, this issue is only seen on the weekly view.  

weekly view

daily view (correct)

 

Is this simply a bug or have I done something wrong / misunderstood something?

TIA

Alec

3 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

My guess is that the report is right and there will be something in the underlying data explaining it.  I think the report dates are confusing and the logic could be improved.  For example, it looks like the week date runs forward so 11-Apr-21 includes test cases created between 11-Apr-21 and 17-Apr-21.

You can get to the bottom of this if you run the Test Execution Results (List) report, export the data to Excel, and then analyse the data in the "Test Case.Created On" column (you might have to convert it to a date by using "=value([cell])" and then converting that using Copy, Paste Special Values.

Good luck!

Andy

AlG
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply,

I have double checked the data and can confirm the numbers (38 test cases added between 18th and 25th) is correct. It is just the weekly view shows that period as 11/04, even if that's week commencing 11th it's still incorrect. If it showed 18/04 for that period I could accept it but I think it's just plain wrong 😞 

I don't have any problem with the daily view or the monthly one, they're both correct. Sadly I use this report in my weekly management report and now have to omit or manually augment the date legend or make my own excel report. Defeats the point of having automatic reports in a tool though really.

Alec

MisterB
        Champion Level 3

That is weird.  It does sound like a bug.  Maybe there are other factors causing this but it would be a guess: test cycle planned start/end dates, maybe execution dates are somehow before the creation date (don't know how that would happen!) - sounds like something to raise with the SmartBear support team.

Good luck!

Andy