Forum Discussion

anitha123
Contributor
13 years ago

Will Testcomplete support Surface controls of WPF application?

Hi,

I am working on WPF Application which has surface control objects. tcThirdPartycontrol.pls Plug-in are already installed.

I recorded my application, once I re-run the test the action is not performed on that object it goes to the next step without clicking that object. Please let me know how to capture that surface control object.

Anitha

8 Replies

• I recorded the application in Script mode. I clicked on the Popwindow, and then tried other actions. When I re-run the script, Testcomplete is no recognizing the object, it is giving an error as Control Item is disabled. I am not able to see the properties of that window when I use Object Spy. The pop-up window closes when i Click on Object Spy. Please let me know the solution to this problem.

• Hello Anitha,

Currently TestComplete does not provide any special support for Surface controls. If you are interested in implementing support for them, please vote for them on the following web page:

http://support.smartbear.com/products/more-info/testcomplete-survey/

I recorded my application, once I re-run the test the action is not performed on that object it goes to the next step without clicking that object.

Could you please provide a bit more information on the issue?

Does TestComplete report that the click has been simulated successfully while the click is not actually performed?

Does TestComplete post any warnings or errors to the test log?

As for obtaining properties of the popup window in Object Spy, could you please try to do the following?

1. Open the Object Spy Window and select Point and fix tool.

2. Switch to your application and call the desired popup window.

3. Move the mouse pointer to the desired window and wait for a red frame to appear around it.

4. Press the select object shortcut, SHIFT-CTRL-A.

5. The Object Spy will capture the window and display its properties and methods.

If this does not help, please let us know what exactly goes wrong. Is TestComplete not able to highlight the object correctly? Does it fail to display any properties or methods of the selected object?

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks for the reply, Helen

I followed the below procedure:

3. Move the mouse pointer to the desired window and wait for a red frame to appear around it.

5. The Object Spy will capture the window and display its properties and methods.

It is able to Spy only Object proerties of a pop up window

Inside Pop window there are two buttons, Ok and cancel that is recognized when i do Object spy.

Red frame doesn't appear around the buttons

Please let me know your Suggestions on this.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks and regards,

Anitha

• Thanks Allen for the reply

I followed the below procedure:

It is able to Spy only Object properties of a pop up window

Inside Pop window there are two buttons, Ok and cancel that are not  recognized when i do Object spy.

Red frame doesn't appear around the buttons

Please let me know your Suggestions on this.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks and regards,

Anitha
    Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Anitha,

To help us investigate the problem, could you please send us your project suite that contains the script test you recorded over your pop-up window and the test log with error messages generated when you tried to play back the recorded script test?

We would also appreciate it if you sent us your application under test.

If there is no way to send us your tested application, cloud you please send us a screenshot of your application and a screenshot of your problematic pop-up window?

To send us your project suite and your application (or application screenshots), please use this Contact Support web form.

Thanks in advance.

hridayesh_sharm
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi ,

Please let me know the procedure of connecting a surface device to test complete.

Thanks in advance

Hridayesh