Forum Discussion

longtimeuser
New Contributor
7 years ago

Why does script execution take twice as long on a server?

When running on Server 2012 a script takes twice as long to run as when running on Win7?  Has anyone else seen this happen.  If so is there any way to fix this?

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm assuming you're running TC 12?

One main thing to try is, on your 2012 box, in TC/TE, go to Tools | Options | Engines | General and turn off the option for testing Windows store applications.  Restart TC/TE and see if that helps.

Another thing to try and this is probably not related to the 2012 box but to the installation.  By default, under Tools | Options | Engines | NameMapping there is an option for "Search for visible objects first".  That is checked by default on a new installation and does actually slow down execution somewhat.  Try unchecking that option and see if that works.

I personally haven't noticed a major slow down in 2012 server execution with these two settings (we have them by default in our envioronment turned off).  Give this a try and see if it helps.

longtimeuser
      New Contributor

Thanks for the ideas.  I’m running TC10 and TC11.  The option for testing Windows store is off and there is no option, “Search for visible objects first”.

Any other suggestions?