Forum Discussion

varsha
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

WHILE PLAYBACK RECORDED REGION CHECK POINT, CURRENT SCREEN COMES UP IN RESULT INSTEAD OF ORIGINAL SC

• I think you would have better luck checking for the text "Found 1 Device" in the object than you will in comparing regions.  The text will exist no matter where the region ends up (which can change with screen size, etc.).

In the lines before that, you should also consider Click and DblClick using the object name rather than on a point.  You may run into the same problem as with the regions and things will move a bit on the screen and with points your test will fail but objects should make it more flexible.

9 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

A couple of things:

Typing in caps is like yelling at us.  No need for that.  We see you.  ;)

We need some more information.  It would be helpful to see the contents of your checkpoint so we know how you are looking for the region.  Then we can suggest a fix or an alternate way to do the checkpoint.  Also let us know what version of TestComplete you are using.

varsha
      Occasional Contributor

I did not mean that and did not aware about my cap lock

Will be careful next time

Using 11.31 

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Please post the contents of your checkpoint.  Does this need to be a region or is it acceptable to compare text instead?  That might be more accurate.