Forum Discussion

jusbat
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Web Service wsdl URL as variable

Hi all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me. I have a TestComplete project in JScript and I am trying to control the wsdl URL of a web service I have included in my Project.

Basically, I have the same web service hosted on two different servers, I am looking for an easy way to change between the two servers without having to go in and manually change the URL over each time.

I was trying to create a script based on the information in this post - http://smartbear.com/forums/f75/t77029/how-to-change-the-webservice-wsdl-url-by-script

b
ut I'm having no luck with it.

Here is an example of what I've tried:

I have added two web services to my project with the names in the format 'WS_[IP]'

I have two variables added to my Project Suite - 'ServiceIP' which is a persistent variable of type string, with a default value of 'WS_[IP]'; and 'Service' which is a temporary variable of type Object.

function WebServiceTest()

{

var testedServiceName;

testedServiceName = ProjectSuite.Variables.ServiceIP;

ProjectSuite.Variables.Service = eval(testedServiceName);

ProjectSuite.Variables.Service.SendMessage(XML.SendMessage);

XML.SendMessageResponse.Check(ProjectSuite.Variables.Service);

}

I'm getting a runtime error: 'ProjectSuite.Variables.Service is null or not an object' on the second last line.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• Hi Justine,

I think that instead of:

ProjectSuite.Variables.Service = eval(testedServiceName);

you should try this:

ProjectSuite.Variables.Service = eval('WebServices.' + testedServiceName);

I.e. evaluated expression should be a string with the value like this (without quotes):

'WebServices.WS_[IP]'

Does this help?

5 Replies