Forum Discussion

PACtester
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

VMware 'shared folder' can't be found by TC ''Plugin folder path doesn't exist''

Hello together,

I was trying to share a folder from my host PC to my VM. Unfortunately my TC scripts end up in ''Plugin folder path doesn't exist''.

Does anyone know a solution for this issue? Read-only for this folder in my VM is disabled, the access should be available for TC.  

That's the script and the red lighted area is shown, when dblclick on the error log. I am no expert with Jscript 🙂

Thanks in advance!

function CheckIfFolderExist()
{
try

{
Path = [
ProjectSuite.Variables.PluginFolderPath, //! keep plugin folder path on position 0 of the array. Shouldn't be created if it doesn't exists
ProjectSuite.Variables.ToolingPath, //! keep plugin folder path on position 1 of the array. Shouldn't be created if it doesn't exists
ProjectSuite.Variables.TempFolder,
ProjectSuite.Variables.LIMSexportPath,
ProjectSuite.Variables.CDF_ImportFolder,
ProjectSuite.Variables.CDF_ArchiveFolder
]; //"IRIS 2.2 didnot installer Enterprise folder on C-drive, created by TestComplete for now. To be removed once fixed"

for (var i = 0; i < Path.length; i++)
{
Log.Message("path to check: " + Path[i])

if (!aqFileSystem.Exists(Path[i]))
{

if (i == 0 || i == 1)
{
//for pluginfolder path or tooling path, report an error...
Log.Error("Plugin folder path doesn't exist: " + Path[i])
}
else{
//...for the others, create the folder on the fly
aqFileSystem.CreateFolder(Path[i])
}

}
}
}
catch(e)
{
Log.Message("hi")
Runner.Halt(e.message)

}
}

• Hello,

Please try the following suggestions: 

- try running TestComplete as administrator. 

- try posting the paths to a log as string values to check whether they are correct. Perhaps, you miss slashes or something else.  

- try opening this remote folder using Windows Explorer from the machine where you run TestComplete. 

1 Reply

YuriPeshekhonov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

Please try the following suggestions: 

- try running TestComplete as administrator. 

- try posting the paths to a log as string values to check whether they are correct. Perhaps, you miss slashes or something else.  

- try opening this remote folder using Windows Explorer from the machine where you run TestComplete.