Forum Discussion

kktsenthil
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Validate the user input values in the Database

Dear Friends,

Scenario is, I have saved records successfully and i want to validate the values are stored in the DB.

Like saving a records and verify in the DB.

User Name: Senthil

Place: Coimbatore

after hits save  button

and need to verify whether those values are stored in DB

Help me...

if you have code sample please share to kktsenthil@gmail.

2 Replies

Lage
    Contributor

Hi again,

I think that the best way and more reusable to do this is using the IAQAADOQuery. You can find more details here: ADO.CreateADOQuery. Example

This code works for me but there are some considerations:

- This have been designed expecting a query that return only one row and one column. If the query returns more than one row or column will write a warning in your test log.

- myQuery should be something like: "select Name from Users where email = 'a@a.com'"

- If you prefer you can store the connectionString ina a Project.Variables..., or maybe the query can be inside the function and pass only the select and the parameters.. up to you

Function perform_Query (myQuery)
      ' Create a query
      Set Qry = ADO.CreateADOQuery

' Specify the connection string
      Qry.ConnectionString = "you can obtain this connection String from my last message in this same post"

' Specify the SQL expression
      Qry.SQL = myQuery

' Execute the query
      Qry.Open
      ' Process results and insert data into the test log
      Qry.First

i=0
      While Not Qry.EOF 
        Log.Message aqConvert.VarToStr(Qry.Field(0).FieldName) + ": " + aqConvert.VarToStr(Qry.Field(0).Value)  
        if myQueryResult = "" then
    myQueryResult = aqConvert.VarToStr(Qry.Field(0).Value)
    end if Qry.Next i=i+1 Wend if(Qry.FieldCount > 1) then Log.Warning("Query with more than one Column") end if if(i > 1) then Log.Warning("Query with more than one result") end if ' Closes the query Qry.Close

perform_Query = myQueryResult
    End Function

For Call this function there are many ways, something like that should work As Code:

Runner.CallMethod("MyScriptName.perform_Query("select pepe from user where email = 'a@a.com'")")

kind regards

Lage