Forum Discussion

Learner_Pranavi
Occasional Contributor
7 months ago
Solved

User form in Project Suite.

I want an input to be entered in a text box from the user before running a project suite. So, I came across User Forms. But I can only see that User forms are created for a project but not Project Suite. If that's the case, I can't ask the user to input the same thing for 6 times as my Project Suite contains 6 projects.

Also no matter how the user runs the test, he can run a single project or an entire project suite. The User Form should pop up only once before the run.

Is it possible with Testcomplete?

• The other option, is to create a project within your suite, set this project to be executed first. This takes the user input, save the input as a project suite variable which can then be used in your other projects.

3 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You could have your project read a file, which has the user input?

Learner_Pranavi
      Occasional Contributor

Hi rraghvani , I don't want a file to be read.

The whole idea behind this is that the user is refrained from using the tool. So, he should enter input then and there itself without interfering with the tool.

Many users will be using my tests. So, each input of the user differs and I don't want everyone to open and edit that file.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

The other option, is to create a project within your suite, set this project to be executed first. This takes the user input, save the input as a project suite variable which can then be used in your other projects.