Forum Discussion

liangn
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Thread creation error: Not enough storage is available

Hello all,

I keep getting the error message of "Thread creation error_ Not enough storage is available to process this command".

How can I fix it?

My computer system information is: Windows XP SP3, CPU 2400Mhz, Memory 4GB. We are using TestComplete 5.15.561.7

A lot of thanks for your help.

Cheers

Nan

5 Replies

• Hello Nan,

To help us investigate the problem, please follow the steps below:

1. Download a free trial version of AQtime 6, which is our profiling tool, from our web site. The trial can be requested on the following page of our web site:

http://www.automatedqa.com/downloads/aqtime/

2. Install the tool.

3. Start AQtime.

4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.

5. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete.exe file and click Open.

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.

8. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.

9. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start the profiling.

10. AQtime will start TestComplete and trace all exceptions that will occur in the application until it is closed.

11. Reproduce the problem in TestComplete.

12. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.

13. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send me the file via our Contact Support form:

http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message/

Thanks in advance.
    BI_User
    New Contributor
    Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue i.e.I keep getting the error message of "Thread creation error_ Not enough storage is available to process this command".

I tried the steps mentioned above but could not go beyond Step 9. When I click on run, it pops up the message "There is no code selected for profiling."

Im using the TC 7 Enterprise Edition.

My computer system information is: Windows XP prof SP3.

Would appreciate a prompt response.

Thanks,

Molly

• Hi Molly,

It looks like you have not performed step 6 correctly:

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

Make sure you perform every step, and let me know if there are any problems remaining.
    andryt29
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi everybody!

I have the same problem. Noboidy does resolve this problem?

thanks

• Hello Rakotondrabesa,

The problem in this thread was originally reported for TestComplete 5, and this was 3 years ago. If you are getting a similar error message, please open a support case with us, so we can investigate the problem and fix it: Contact TestComplete Support

Thanks!