Forum Discussion

Florian_Hofmann
Contributor
10 years ago

TestResults beyond Logs

Hello everyone,

to me it seems like Logs are a very detailed in-depth help if you are developping automated tests, and want to go searching for failures in either the tests or the tested application.

My project managers however don't consider them to be easily readable, so in short I'm wondering if this means that I have to insert some operations (like append log and pop log features) to adjust them towards their idea of readability, or if there's another way of exporting/generating TestResults.

E.g. it would be nice to have some html file with not much more than a list of TestNames  associated with JIRA issues (not necessarily mapping 1:1 on test items/goups, some sequences that make for one JIRA issue might be nested deep within the call hierarchie, others might be single items almost top of the call hierarchy), marking each single one as either failed or succesful. A click on them might lead to the detailed log tree. 

http://smartbear.com/forums/f81/fp14/t94024/how-to-use-the-testcomplete-log-object/ mentions the idea of using dashboard applications and SQL DBs...which sounds a bit more comlicated than I hoped...

Thanks in advance,

Florian