Forum Discussion

yule63
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

tested apps

Hi,

I had may TestedApps executable in one of my old projects launching and running fine 4 months ago when I tested it last.   Today when I tried to launch it,  it will launch however the TC seems like it can not come out of the TestedApps statement.  I cannot even stop the playback as if TC goes to a sleep state until I use task manager to stop it.

Using Win7,32bit.    TC 8.70.727.7

1 Reply

• Hi yule63,

To help us investigate the issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package and install it.

2. When TestComplete hangs, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -pn TestComplete.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\TCDump1.dmp;q"

This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the TestComplete.exe process to the "C:\TCDump1.dmp" dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

3. If your tested application is still running (check this via Task Manager), generate a memory dump for its process as well:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -pn APPLICATION_PROCESS -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\AppDump1.dmp;q"

(change APPLICATION_PROCESS to the actual name of the tested application's process that you can see in Task Manager)

4. Wait for two minutes.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 twice more (but correct the dump file names in the command lines).

6. Send us all of the generated dump files via the Contact Support web form.

Thanks.