Forum Discussion

Rafael03Valdez
Occasional Contributor
5 months ago

TestComplete no longer record my test

TestComplete stop recording my test without any reason I was working before then stop working I add a video to show what is happening this is on a desktop application, testcomplete version is the 15.59.7 x64 if any of you guys know how to fix this problem is going to be really helpful for me thanks in advances.

13 Replies

MW_Didata
    Regular Contributor

I had this problem several times where recording would not add the steps to my tests.

But for me restarting Testcomplete fixes the problem.

If TC support gives you any fixes to try, please do share them in this thread.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I couldn't really tell what you were trying to do from the video, but if you could show us the actual recording of steps that would be helpful.

Did you just update your TestComplete version?

You can try shutting everything down and rebooting and then start over and see if TC will record. TC likes to have lots of memory so if you had many other programs running at the same time it may have locked up.

Rafael03Valdez
      Occasional Contributor

I am trying to record the steps of the Test I am performing but when I finish my steps and stop the Recording it is not capturing any of the steps, I am going to add another video so you can see it better, Testcomplete is updated to its latest version, the curious thing is that the Recording was working but it stopped working for no apparent reason.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Sorry, the second video isn't working.  Did you try the reboot/restart?

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Okay I can see it now. Are you able to replay any of your earlier tests without error? 

Rafael03Valdez
      Occasional Contributor

yes, I able to replay any of my previous test without any problem.