Forum Discussion

Tony_1
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

TestComplete integration - Microsoft VS 2010 TFS - MSSCI ?

Hi we are in the process of upgrading to MSVS2010 and was curious to the following:

In the previous setup TC8 with MSVS 2005 I had to install the "Visual Studio Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider" which worked.

Now that I have upgraded to MSVS2010, what do I need to do? I cannot find a MSSCCI for vs2010?

8 Replies

Tony_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Where can I find the MS Visual Studio 2010 MSSCCI provider? The only I am able to find is the "TEAM FOUNDATION Server 2010 MSSCCI"

According the the link below, the Team Foundation Server 2010 MSSCCI is not supported.

http://smartbear.com/support/viewarticle/8856/

Link to download the MSVS 2010 MSSCCI would be helpful or steps to resolve.
    Tony_1
    Occasional Contributor
    the problem seems to have gone away. Not sure how? I flushed the DNS, but not sure if this is what fixed it.

Click windows start

typed CMD

click ok

then in the DOS (black/white screen) typed ipconfig /flushdns and pressed enter.

then closed the DOS box and tried.
    grant_2
    Occasional Contributor
    The instructions found for setting up a new installation with support for TFS source control are alarmingly vague. I have tried following the instructions in this thread but when trying to install the provider it tells me that Team Explorer 2010 is not installed. I do not want to install Team Explorer 2010, I am running Team Explorer 2012. Please advise. Thanks.
    grant_2
    Occasional Contributor
    Do I need to install Visual Studio 2012 Express? Do I need to install some or other software? What exactly are the software requirements? Thanks in advance for your help.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Grant,

In order to integrate TC with TFS only Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider must be installed. If you already has Team Explorer 2012 , then install corresponding provider downloaded from MS site. The 'problem' here is that you will get not only a provider, but also VS shell, Team Explorer and several other things. But this is a question to MS, but not a TC problem...