Forum Discussion

jbcmt
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

TestComplete 9?

Back in February at a TC training webinar, it was mentioned that TC 9 should be out in the next 30 days or so.  

Is there a release date for TestComplete 9?

15 Replies

• I just downloaded TC9 but am about leary about upgrading.. think I'll wait to see how others have fared...
    gentlesea
    Frequent Contributor
    Alexei, I send every dump of a new issue to the support. I am very interested in having the product made more stable since I am working with it every day.
    SALVETA
    New Contributor
    I was excited to download and install TC9 but once i started up the tests many that used to do just fine failed, and it seems to be much more resource consuming than TC8. CPU is choked around 95-100% and tests are going really slow.  

I should maybe have waited a bit to convert my projects to TC9. (Win7 64-bit VM-ware)
    gentlesea
    Frequent Contributor

Things to keep in mind when updating to new version:

• Converting the project suite and the projects to the new version.

• Updating all clients to the new version of TestComplete

• Updating TestExecute and TestComplete on server

• Adjusting build environment (if custom)

• Configure TestExecute on server not to check for updates (TestExecute, RMB, Options..., General, Show Again Flags, Check for updates at startup)

• Configure TestExecute on server not to open log after test execution (TestExecute, RMB, Options..., Engines, Log, Activate after test run)

• Allow TestExecute and TestComplete to bypass the firewall from all locations

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Great points, Ernst.

Especially, I'd like to note that all major versions of TestComplete can co-exist on the same machine. So it is possible to have both TC8 and TC9 on your real test machine with two copies of test projects (one converted to TC9 format and one left as a stable working copy for TC8) and check if everything works as expected before fully migrating all test projects to TC9.