Forum Discussion

googleid_114358
Contributor
11 years ago

TestComplete 9.30 + Acrobat Reader XI

Hi.

I created a custom checkpoint that searches for an object which WndCaption property matches specific value.

Since where are not able to check PDF file contents, I am at least able to check that the expected document has been opened...

It works perfectly for every process I tryied so far (WinWord, AcroRd, Excel, rundll32, etc...)

However, It looks like TestComplete is not able to refresh Object Browser  when AcroBat Reader XI has been launched.

It has just been waiting for something... I don't really know what. If I close AcroRd32 process, TestComplete finally get the focus back and the Object Browser works fine.

It does not come from the extension. As I said, it works for Acrobat Reader 8, 9, 10.

I am trying to downgrade to version 10 and check if it solve the issue. I will let you know...

Does anyone got something similar ?

Regards, 

Guillaume.

2 Replies

Audrey_Silva
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I had a similar problem. I "solved" the problem downgrade to version 10.

Regards,

Audrey
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Guillaume,

Let's investigate this behavior. For this, please collect some additional information using the steps below and send it to the TestComplete Support team:

1. Run the Report Generator tool located in <TestComplete>\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe.

2. Select the Launch/attach to TestComplete option.

3. Reproduce the problem.

4. Click the "Generate..." button in the Report Generator tool and save the report to a local folder.