Forum Discussion

nazz
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Test Execution should continue irrespective of some test cases failures in test suite

Example :-

Test suite contains 10 test cases , and when we are running these 10 test cases together failure of 3rd test case should not stop execution of remaining test cases , test exution should complete and test result should reflect as 9 test cases passed and 1 test case failed.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Nazz,

You can use Test Items to run your test. If you disable the Stop on Error option of each test item, TestComplete continues executing the whole test in spite of the fact that one of these items failed.

• I am unable to run all the test suites at one go. If i have 10 test items for execution in batch.It doesnot complete execution of all test suites irrespective of pass or fail. it immediately stops at first any failure of tests.

I read the article on testitems and also unchecked the stoponerror options at projectsuite configuration.But, nothing seems working .

I have used "GeneralEvents_OnStopTest" method at very tests, where i log all the results at particular disk path.So, i suspect may this is overritting the stoponerror option.Could you please explain me how or what could be the problem.