Forum Discussion

bhaugurav
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

TC8 - not recognizing buttons in WPF dialog.

Hi,   

I have a application developed in WPF. TestComplete 8 is recogning all controls except buttons on a dialog. In my case it is not identifying OK and Cancel button. I tried it using UISpy and it can identify those buttons.

Thanks,

Bhau

7 Replies

bhaugurav
    Occasional Contributor
    Just to clarify, I can get name and automationid from UISpy, is it possible to find that button using these properties?
  • Hi,

Since you see your buttons in the Object Browser, TC is able to recognize them. If by 'not identifying OK and Cancel button' you mean that you get errors when you run a script which tries to obtain them, see the "Handling the 'Object Not Found' Errors" help topic.

As for properties, you can use all available ones for recognition.
    bhaugurav
    Occasional Contributor
    Sorry for inconivience, but buttons are not showing in Object Browser. I meant that only while saying not getting identified.
  • Hi,

How exactly is your dialog identified in the Object Browser? Expand its node in the tree and post here a screenshot.
    bhaugurav
    Occasional Contributor
    Unfortunately I was looking into Object Spy and it was not identifying,but object was shown in object browser.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bhau
  • I am facing same problem.But I cannot attach screenshot. Its not visible in object browser and GUI spy as well.