Forum Discussion

nisha11
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

TC 12.0 very slow when running tests.

Hi,

Opened a keyword test  in TC 12.0 .The keyword test was created in older version of TC . Selected only 2 test steps(property checkpoint & posting a log message) to run. Right click->Run selected operation. It took more than 10 mins to run the test and create log. Default timeout is set as 5000ms.

All those tests were working fine in the previous version.

5 Replies

georgereynolds
    Occasional Contributor

I'm also experiencing this - Upgrading from 11 to 12 my tests run very slowly on test complete and are erratic in the delay between steps. On the server with TE the same is happening. If I manually step through TC is unable to locate the objects on the screen.If I re-target them the  naming doesn't change but still cannot highlight them.

nisha11
      Occasional Contributor

Hi SmartBear team,

Do we have any update on this issue?. we are not able to run our tests created in older version and converted to TC12.0  It's hampering our test execution.

georgereynolds
    Occasional Contributor

If it helps, I restarted my computer and also the computer running Test Execute (VM) and everything is now running okay. I also make sure all Windows updates were installed.

nisha11
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I tried restarting my m/c many times,It didn't work. I recorded new test and tried to rerun the test which is also not running. I have installed windows 10 with latest updates in my m/c.

Every time when I click run test , Testcomplete stuck on Playback mode. If I click stop button, again it hangs there.

• I am also experiencing playback slowness. I tried uninstalling TestComplete 11. I tried removing the old chrome extensions. I'm using Win 7, and Chrome for playback.

The whole thing hangs when the end of the test is reached.

Even if I manually click on the "stop" button, it takes several minutes to finally generate and display the test log.