Forum Discussion

karkadil
Valued Contributor
13 years ago

System Error when using TC 7.52 and Win 7 sp1

Hello,

TC 7.52, Win 7 sp1 (both 32 and 64 bits).

I get an error in Windows system logs every time I start TestComplete.

Application ("C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestComplete 7\Bin\TestComplete.exe" ) (PID: 0x1b0) is using Windows functionality that is not present in this release of Windows. [...] An RPC method has been called on a connectionless protocol sequence ncadg_ip_udp. [...] please, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=36415."  

See attached screenshot for details.

Is there any workaround or patch for this?

It doesn't seem to influence TestComplete itself, but causes strange problems when I'm trying to connect to a virtual PC on Amazon via RDP.

Thanks in advance,

4 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    Ok, I should have used Search before posting this :) Found this thread

Here are more details.

UAC is disabled, I have Administrator privileges.

The problem I get is difficult to explain, but I'll try. Also I'm not sure that this scenario is correct.

I have a virtual PC on Amazon (Windows Server 2003) with VirtualBox installed there. In Virtual Box I also have Win2003 system.

I don't have any SmartBear software installed on any of these PCs.

After some time of using Remote Desktop Connection to Amazon PC, I am getting disconnected and after that I am not able to connect again. It looks like it happens because Amazon "sees" some destructive actions from my virtual PC and blocks me.

Tomorrow I will try to find reproducible scenario (if it exists) and let you know the details.

Meanwhile, could you please give me some details on what this problem means? It might help me solving the issue.

Thanks,

• Hi Gennadiy,

The error should not affect anything indeed. Also, I'm not sure I understand your current scenario entirely. If you don't have any SmartBear software installed on the problematic machines, what makes you think the disconnection problem is related to TestComplete?

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    I thought it is related to TestComplete because this is the only problem I have found during evaluating my issue (I tried using fresh AMIs on Amazon, verified my local PV and virtual PCs with antivirus, etc.).

My colleagues here don't have any problems with Remote Desktop. The only difference between our computers seems to be TestComplete, but of course there might be thousands other reasons for this :)

Anyway, I will continue investigations and let you know the results.

• Hi Gennadiy,

Just to make sure it's not related, please uninstall TestComplete and check whether the problem persists in this case. I don't think TestComplete can somehow affect your remote connection, but it's worth checking.