Forum Discussion

ajohnson2020
Contributor
12 years ago

Source control experiences in TestComplete

Hi all,

I'd like to get some feedback on what your experiences have been with source control in TestComplete.  What's been an easy integration, and what has a steep learning curve?

I currently have my source in CVS, and maintain versions externally to TestComplete.  Now I'm looking at starting a long term integration project with an overseas team, and for various reasons I don't want to use CVS.  I can probably get access to our corporate Microsoft Team Foundation Server (although I'm not familiar with using it), or deploy my own source control system, in which case ftp would be the primary sharing method.  Fast and distributed would be nice, but I've already determined that git + ftp + Windows + TestComplete doesn't seem to be a good combination.

Thanks.

Allen

1 Reply

hlalumiere
    Regular Contributor
    Personally I would forget FTP, it's rather insecure and certainly not well integrated. Use whichever source control software you prefer over a VPN.

We use SVN, but not integrated into TestComplete. Remote users just log on to the VPN and start working.