Forum Discussion

LeoDanny
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Smartbear test extension is disabling in chrome browser.

I have tried installing the extension for chrome based on the description in below link https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/chrome.html. Even chrome is disabling the extension as unsupported one.

Can someone help me to overcome this issue.

This extension is not listed in the Chrome Web Store and may have been added without your knowledge. This is the error occurnig in extension page.

Thanks in Advance

7 Replies

Duess
    Occasional Contributor

if the test extension is being disabled then it may not be configured correctly like said above.  However, today I experienced an issue with Chrome and my TC when using objectSpy.  It would only recognize the window object.  Kind of like firefox was doing to several individuals last week. 

I admit I have not used the objectSpy in a little while, but I know it worked last time it was used (especially in Chrome). I checked the properties for it on my test machine and found all my 'switches' were gone.  Dunno, possibly because of an update to either my browser or even my machine. 

So hopefully easy answer for you is just to work through the preparing document.  I am doing that right now myself. Crossing my fingers as well.

currently Chrome version: 68.0.3440.75 with Date Modified: 07/23/2018 04:13 PM EDT

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

If Chrome updated, that's the issue right there.  Last I saw (and, I'll admit, I've been on vacation for 2 weeks), Chrome was at version 67... so, if you're at 68 now, it's entirely likely that the Chrome extension will need an update from SmartBear.

As documented, it's generally considered a best practice to turn off automatic browser updates for Chrome and Firefox to off set this lag time.  Once the browser plugin is updated, you can then update your browser for the new version.