Forum Discussion

MarcusBengtsson
Frequent Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Select a specific ROW item in file explorer

Hello! How do I select the 5th row in file explorer? It is trying to (as it should i suppose) take the folder name but the problem for me is that this folder name will always be updated with latest date once it is created so I could like it to click the 5th row or maybe the "newest" date modified. Anyone know how to do this with my keyword tests?

• Go to Tools -> Current Project Settings.

And compare all of these settings.

• You need the property value of WndClass of Explorer (DirectUIHWND), to be added to MSAA. As I had mentioned previously, but you don't need Explorer.

34 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I have the following properties defined for listItemsView.

If you use method Sys.HighlightObject() it will highlight the object during playback. This will give an indication as to what object you are expecting to interact with.

MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor

I do highlight on the Items_View and it will highlight the correct area as shown.

It worked during your script but it will still not click object nr 4. 😞

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Does the following line, highlight the object you are expecting to select?

If not, then create a new project (not with XPath) with the above code, and with similar name mappings that I have shown. I also do not have Extendend Find enabled.

One thing I have noticed, is that your items are different!? 

I'm not sure how your project is configured.

What does your project settings look like for this?

MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor

Okey I created a new project without Xpath and after some making it manages to work. Both can be highlighted and that was GREAT. Then I tried to copy it to be the exact same in the "main project" but this is not working.. It only highlights as before. 

I even cleared the namemapping so it is the same as the working one in the fresh project.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

That's great. Finally getting somewhere!

I think your project settings are not correct. I suggest you compare your project settings between the new and old one, and see what is changed.

You should see ListItem objects appearing and not UIAObject.

MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor

Hmm I could only see the difference between the "Use Xpath and CSS Selectors for web objects" 

So I unchecked it, saved. Deleted the whole namemapping for Explorer. Re-did the same steps as for the newly created project. Everything looks the same but still no success, driving me crazy sadly 😞

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Go to Tools -> Current Project Settings.

And compare all of these settings.

MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor
      That is what i have done, will check it again on monday 😞 thanks alot for all the help this week!

Mvh Marcus

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise subject to restricted disclosure under applicable law. This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration, dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on, this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or you are not an authorized or intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system and destroy any printed copies.

-LAEmHhHzdJzBlTWfa4Hgs7pbKl
      MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor
      Hi! This is what i have done, will re check it on monday then 😞 thanks for all the help this week though!
      MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor

Oh happy monday Raghvani! Apparently I found 2 items in MSAA that were missing! And it now seems to be working!

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You need the property value of WndClass of Explorer (DirectUIHWND), to be added to MSAA. As I had mentioned previously, but you don't need Explorer.

MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor

Again thank you so much for the help, I must have missunderstood what you meant about the MSAA earlier.