Forum Discussion

els
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Running TestComplete on Jenkins through Command Line

Hello,

I'm having an issue trying to execute a TestComplete suite on Jenkins through a Windows Batch Command build. However, when simply running only the TestComplete or TestExecute execution files, Jenkins hangs once it reaches that point and never finishes and I have to end up aborting the test all together.

I understand that there is a TestComplete plugin and it is available to me and the suite works perfectly fine with that plugin, but the purpose of my project requires an execution through command line. I have also tried running the long and extensive command line argument: ("C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\bin\TestCompleteService12.exe" //LogonAndExecute //lDomain: "" //lName: "jenkins" //lPassword: ******** //lTimeout: "-1" ....) and that also fails to work. I have verified the service is running on that slave machine and that the license server is available.

Thank you.

5 Replies

• Hi ,

I execute TestComplete tests from Jenkins Build > Execute Windows batch command .

Call the batch file which will execute the tests . 

els
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I did create and use batch commands and all the commands work until I reach the point where TestComplete or TestExecute has to run. I've checked and it works fine on that VM, so I'm still lost why the test hangs when trying to execute TestExecute or TestComplete from the Jenkins Windows Batch Command.

cunderw
        Community Hero

Without seeing the logs from your jenkins jobs it's hard to tell, but I'm going to guess it's because you don't have an active user / UI session which is required for Test Complete tests that interact with the GUI. 

What about your project prevents you from using the plugin? In a nutshell it's still just executing commands from the CLI, but has a lot more incorporated with it, like opening a gui session, copying your logs, etc...