Forum Discussion

MT_Sofomo
Occasional Contributor
7 months ago

Rouge Wave Controls - missing debug info

Hello 
I'm Automating Application for client, and got info that there are Rogue Wave Grids inside.  I'm have problem accessing them.. Object Browser shows method that interest me ( wColum,wValue,wColumCount,wRowCount ), but cannot use them as it states, that Error: No debug information was found for MFC controls. :

In the Object seen above the screen there is class CRecipeGridView wchich I added to the object mapping options for project.

Can someone help me understand what I'm missing here, and give an advice of how to access this control ?

Thank You in Advance

5 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Do you know if that control is third party? It looks like a picture as opposed to an object!

Try to add the property value of WndClass to MSAA in Project Settings, to see if "more" objects are exposed.

MT_Sofomo
    Occasional Contributor

Hello rraghvani,
    I've got info that those grids are Custom Controls from Rouge Wave

I've added that WndClass to MSAA but I can see only Two more elements Called "TileBar" and "Client"

MT_Sofomo
    Occasional Contributor

I've done everything ( Mark that * within MSAA, add those two clases to the object mapping properties ) and still got this error, I'm assuming for it to work, the application need to be recompiled with those debug info ? 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I don't think it will make much difference if it's compiled in debug. Usually custom controls are difficult to automate if it's not supported by the tool.

If you can't get round this issue, then I suggest opening TestComplete: New Support Request