Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Recorded test script run hangs in between

Hi,

I am using Test Complete 7 to generate test scripts(Jscript) for testing my application automatically. The re-run of the recorded script is able to login into the application but gets stuck while selecting item from the menu. The menu is displayed on the page using JavaScript. The  Test Complete shows waiting for the object message on the left top pane of the window.

I had tried a couple of options(introducing delay using Delay(60000), refreshing the mapping of nodes(object tree), re-installation of IE, Method Invocation time-out extension by using the playback option and open application using only tested application). But, nothing worked.

Please, provide me a solution. I am trying to find the solution from last couple of days.

Thanks in Advance

Prashant

1 Reply

• Hi,

Do you get 'object not found' errors in the log or does your script just keep waiting for the target object, and nothing else happens?

In the first case, check the mapping criteria for the problematic object in your Name Mapping scheme and make sure that you use properties with stable values.

In the second case, you need to use the CallObjectMethodAsync method to execute the action after which your script 'hangs' (see the "Testing Modal Windows" help topic).