Forum Discussion

nastester
Regular Contributor
14 days ago

Question about ReadyAPI test item

Is there any way, either in the GUI of the ReadyAPI test item or a script, to make the path to the ReadyAPI project file (XML) something like Project.ConfigPath + file name.xml.  I know you can use this in scripts but I am not sure how to do this in conjunction with the ReadyAPI test item. 

The issue I am facing is having the file on a network drive is intermittently not working and if I make it a local path (C:\Projects\ReadyAPI), everyone on the team would need the file in that same location and it wouldn't be in source control. 

• Have you asked this in the ReadyAPI Community? 

https://community.smartbear.com/category/ready_api_forums/discussions/readyapi-questions

nastester
      Regular Contributor

This is a ReadyAPI integration screen within TestComplete so I am not sure how helpful that would be but someone there could know I suppose. 

• If TC will let you pick a variable in there, then you can build that path in the variable.

nastester
      Regular Contributor

That's what I was hoping to do.  Doesn't seem like it works though using the ReadyAPI project item. 

I wonder if it can be accomplished with scripting and not using the project item.

Tried this and also using a variable: 

Marsha_R

The documentation only mentions absolute or relative path.