Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Question about distributed test simulation with multiple users

Hi, we would like to create a test to simulate e.g. 200 test users to log in to the test application simultaneously, we have enough Test stations/VMs but we do not have so much testcomplete(testexecutor) licenses, and i think it is not realistic to phachase 200 licenses for this test..

Do we have a posibility to do this test with limited TC licenses or do we have to choose another testtool?

Thanks for any answers,

Lee 

• Hi Lee,

It's true that one TestComplete/TestExecute instance consumes one license. I have a couple of ideas for you:

1. If you can launch several instances of your tested app at a time, you can create a special test framework that will execute your test by small batches sequentially over each instance. For example, you can test 5 instances of your app by using one TestComplete/ TestExecute license on one computer.

2. However, creating this framework will be quite complicated. In addition, you will need to support it (it will be difficult, as well). That's why, I suggest that you consider the possibility of buying TestExecute licenses. I know that our Sales team can offer you some discount for the big number of licenses. I suspect that this may be much cheaper in comparison with creating such a test framework.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Lee,

It's true that one TestComplete/TestExecute instance consumes one license. I have a couple of ideas for you:

1. If you can launch several instances of your tested app at a time, you can create a special test framework that will execute your test by small batches sequentially over each instance. For example, you can test 5 instances of your app by using one TestComplete/ TestExecute license on one computer.

2. However, creating this framework will be quite complicated. In addition, you will need to support it (it will be difficult, as well). That's why, I suggest that you consider the possibility of buying TestExecute licenses. I know that our Sales team can offer you some discount for the big number of licenses. I suspect that this may be much cheaper in comparison with creating such a test framework.

leeasdf9
    Frequent Contributor
    Thanks Tanya for your great support, actually i was in the hope of doing this specific test with less testcomplete licenses. we will consider your suggestions.

Lee