Forum Discussion

motorola
Contributor
13 years ago

problem testing web app

I tried accessing this : www.global-erp-solution.com.

Username and password are both jakarta.

I recorded a keyword test from login page, after logged in, go to Master --> Master Item. I tried to capture the grid by clicking around it and ended the test. When opening the namemapping to see the namemapping generated, I tried to find the grid object (in my case, the name is something like panelUiJqgridBdiv) and right click it to highlight in it screen, I got "underlying object doesn't exist". What's the problem? thanks

5 Replies

• Hi Joseph,

I've recorded a simple test with the target grid in IE 9. The resulting test was played back fine, and I did not face any issues with highlighting the target panelUiJqgridBdiv object. What browser are you using? Is the recorded test played back fine on your side?

I recommend that you refer to the "Mapping Web Page Elements" help topic to learn about specifics of mapping web objects. Also, this video may be useful.

I hope this helps.
  • Hi Joseph,

According to your Name Mapping scheme, there are several objects (panels) which are not mapped uniquely. So, TC fails to identify the correct panels, as well as their child objects.

I recommend that you use the Extended Find feature to map the problematic objects in your application. Please refer to the "Using Extended Search Criteria for Mapped Object Identification" help topic for details.

Also, the "Creating Reliable Tests For Dynamic Objects with Name Mapping" screencast contains a detailed description of the way to use this feature.
  • Could you please show me those "not unique objects"? The name alone should be unique. Thank you.
  • Hi Joseph,

For example, on the pageMainScreen page (http://www.global-erp-solution.com/secured/main), the panelPositionhelper and panelFgMenuContainerUiWidgetUiWi objects are not mapped uniquely. The target objects are mapped by the only ObjectType property. Having this property in the mapping criteria for a panel is not enough to identify the panel. As a result, TC fails to get the needed panel and its child object, the linkMastertab link.

However, as I have already mentioned, you can use the Extended Find feature to map the problematic linkMastertab link. In this case, you can simply exclude the target parent panels from the NM scheme.