Forum Discussion

Kostja
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Oracle Forms: Not all elements are recognised

Hey Guys,

since our application frequently makes use of Oracle Forms i wanted to check if every element, which could manually be selected, appears in the object browser. Unfortunately they're not.

For example: i have a calender and if i double-click on any day/week another window appears and i can make an entry for this day/week. But the problem is that the days/weeks are not recognised (see attached file: of_cal.png) and hence not selectable.

Or text fields are only available when i click into it, but how should i perform a click if it doesn't even exist in the object browser?!

Any idea what i could do to solve this issue without working with coordinates?

• Hi Kostja,

Thanks for sending the log. It seems that the application does not utilize Java at all and uses a separate framework that is definitely not supported by TestComplete.

You can try using one of the following features to work with the tested application and one of them possibly can help:

MSAA

UI Automation

Text Recognition

If the above features does not help, you can try to work with controls in the tested application using keyboard. Quite often, using keyboard navigation and shortcuts is a good solution for non-supported frameworks.

6 Replies

Silmaril
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi

What version of JRE and Oracle Forms do you use? As I can see TestComplete does not found Java runtime and AWT\Swing objects in process "ifrun60".

Kostja
      Contributor

Hi,

the used/installed versions are:

JRE: 8u92 (Installed after you replied. Didn't notice there was no jre installed, since i didn't need it. But there are still no changes in the recognition)

Oracle Forms: 6i

• Hi Kostja,

Can you please run the tested application, then run the Report Generator tool shipped along with TestComplete (it is located in the '<TC>\Bin\' folder), attach to the ifrun60 process with it? Then please generate a log by pressing the Generate... button and post the log here.

Thanks!