Forum Discussion

clay
Contributor
7 years ago

Opening Files and Regions Stores is slow.

I am finding that as the Regions and Files stores grow in size that it takes longer and longer to open the stores in TestComplete Workspace.  Currently, it take about 3 minutes to open the Regions and a little less than 2 minutes to open the Files.  Is there something that I am doing wrong to cause this to happen?  Is there some way to make TestComplete load these files faster?

I have segmented the files under a single level of folders to group them and make them easier to manage.  Is that causing a problem?

Thanks.

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Folders shouldn't make any difference.  I have my tests sorted out in lots of folders.  

I've seen log files take a long time to load when there are a large number of them, but not so much related to size.

clay
      Contributor

I think we are talking about the same problem.  My wording could have been better.  I am talking about when the size of the Files.tcFiles and Regions.tcRegions files grow, then it takes longer and longer to open them in the Workspace.

Thanks.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

I don't think it's the same.  If I have 100 log files, it takes longer to load than if I have 10, even if they are all very small in size.