Forum Discussion

vthomeschoolmom
Super Contributor
13 years ago

ODT help

I am trying to wrap my head around how I want to use ODT in my automated testing framework in the future. Exactly how to use it still escapes me from the help file. Is there a sample project available or a project tutorial or such available for it?

Thanks

3 Replies

ArtemS
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello Lane,

There are three sample projects on ODT that are shipped with TestComplete:

• Simple ODT: <TestComplete Samples>\Object-Driven Testing\Simple ODT

A simple example that creates classes and objects to test Windows Notepad.

• Classes:       <TestComplete Samples>\Object-Driven Testing\Classes

An example that demonstrates how to use the Object Driven plug-in to create classes to be used in tests.

• Object-Driven Testing: <TestComplete Samples>\Object-Driven Testing\ObjectDrivenTesting

An example that demonstrates how to perform object-driven testing of Windows Notepad. The project includes a class for each file, operation, and so on. The script also demonstrates how to use ODT classes in scripts.

The <TestComplete Samples> folder is located in the <Users>\Public\Documents\TestComplete 8 Samples folder on Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, and in the <Documents and Settings>\All Users\Documents\TestComplete 8 Samples folder on other OS.

I hope, they help you to get started with object-driven testing.