Forum Discussion

shreyasi_gupta
10 years ago
Solved

"Object Was Not found Error while rerunning in lower/higher build of same application- WPF desktop Application

Hi there,

I have started using Test complete since 1 month .I am using the Keyword fnctn of Test Complete. The application is developed in WPF and is a desktop Application.

I am currently recording and then playback with the help of object checkpoint and verifying the object properties.When I am running the given set of tests in 1 version of build lower than the current knowing the fact that the functionality has not changed,object checkpoint verification fails for each checkpoint.

Error has been attached.

I have gone through all of this topic "Handling the 'Object Does Not Exist' Error" via help and also checked the property through object spy and Mapped objects and they are exactly the same.

Error is coming for the datagrid.

Also when updated the checkpoint data which comes in additional info and when rerun in same build,it get run sucessfully bt when again tried to rerun in higher build,again checkpoint fails.

Also i tried editing mapped objects properties name but it all gone vain.

I am reading the threads and related forum since 2 days and can't come up with any result so I am posting this.

• Hi Shreyasi,

Judging by the screenshots, your grid was mapped by very strict criteria that may be changed from run to run:

wColumnCount

wRowCount

The Additional-info-error.jpg image demonstrates that the wRowCount property is changed - look at the Stored value and Current value columns.

I suggest that you use only two properties to map your grid:

Name = *c_OriginalTermsDataGrid*

ClrFullClassName: System.Windows.Controls.DataGrid

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Shreyasi,

Judging by the screenshots, your grid was mapped by very strict criteria that may be changed from run to run:

wColumnCount

wRowCount

The Additional-info-error.jpg image demonstrates that the wRowCount property is changed - look at the Stored value and Current value columns.

I suggest that you use only two properties to map your grid:

Name = *c_OriginalTermsDataGrid*

ClrFullClassName: System.Windows.Controls.DataGrid