Forum Discussion

New Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

NameMapping objects' attribute

I have came accross with a question that  a method of object captured  with the Display Object spy  can find for a while and  cannot find for a while . and the method  is very important  to me . I want to know  how to solve the quesion, did you caught up it  ever?
  • Hi Yan,

Judging by the first screenshot, TestComplete doesn't fully recognize the object. This object has only standard methods while the same object on the second screenshot has some methods specific to its type - ClickItem, ClickItemR, etc.

The difference may be explained by the fact that some complex actions are taking place in your app and TestComplete doesn't have enough time to load the object. Try increasing the value of the Method invoke timeout project option.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Yan,

Make sure you use the Advanced View mode every time you explore objects in the Object Browser/Object Spy:

• Hi Tanya,

I still cannot find the function accroding to your advise,I donot understand the phenomenon which be found  or not found for a while,if you don't understand I says,you can see the document ,Diffrences.docx. After you watch the document ,you can find that the functions are not the same in the two pictures.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Yan,

Judging by the first screenshot, TestComplete doesn't fully recognize the object. This object has only standard methods while the same object on the second screenshot has some methods specific to its type - ClickItem, ClickItemR, etc.

The difference may be explained by the fact that some complex actions are taking place in your app and TestComplete doesn't have enough time to load the object. Try increasing the value of the Method invoke timeout project option.