Forum Discussion

nileshdhone
Occasional Visitor
5 months ago

JScript Runtime Error "Object doesn't support this property or method"

I have installed Windows 2025 standard edition, After executing the project I am getting JScript error "Object doesn't support this property or method". This error is not occurred with Windows 2022. ...
    5 months ago

Hi nileshdhone 

The error note - Object doesn't support… in JScript in general shows you are trying to use a property or method on an object that doesn't actually have it.

This may happen for a few reasons, and while it might seem like an OS compatibility issue at the same times it's more likely related to your code

Ø  Identify the specific object you are trying to access the property or method on. You can use the typeof operator to determine its type (example -  typeof myObject).

Ø  Once you know the type, verify the available properties and methods for that object type.

Ø  Instead of storing the project path in a global variable, consider using a TestComplete built-in function like Project.Path to access the project directory. This avoids possible issues with the specific object you are using

Ø  I believe there could be minor differences between TestComplete in Windows 2022 and 2025, we need to refer the doc for more updates

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!
    Warm regards