Forum Discussion

kcsahu777
Contributor
13 years ago

Issue with Tab page select

I am facing issue with selecting a tab from the tab control in our application which is made using Visual Studio.

ClickTab option is not coming by pressing  "."  after the tab control name, only click, clickM and clickR are coming.

I tried to get all tab window by below code using FindAllChildren from its parent object. Though its getting all windows but not able to click on that and got error as "Unable to find the Object acitve"

set p=GTC.DailyOverRide.FindAllChildren("wndclass","#32770",10)

p(1).click

1 Reply

AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Krushna,

As far as I understand, you don't see the ClickTab method in Code Completion. There can be several reasons for this.

One possible cause is that the Store Code Completion information option of your test project is disabled and your tested application is not running. In this case, TestComplete is unable to determine the object type and retrieve information about the object's methods and properties. See also Saving Information on Methods and Properties of Mapped Objects

Can you check the option state and run the tested application?

Can you explore your application in the Object Browser panel and see if the ClickTab method is available to your control?

If it is not, then perhaps TestComplete does not recognize the control as a tab control. You can try solving the problem by adding the control's class name (the WndClass property) to your project's Object Mapping settings. To do this, double-click your project in the Project Explorer, choose Edit | Properties from the context menu, select the Object Mapping setting group on the left of the project editor and add the class name to the needed object category (for example, to Win32 Controls and Windows | Tab Control). This will command TestComplete to recognize all objects with the specified class name as tab controls. For more information on object mapping, see Object Mapping.