Forum Discussion

skumagai
New Contributor
12 years ago

Is TestComplete 9 even usable?

Our team has enjoyed a good productive time using TC7 and TC8.  However, TC9 has given us nothing but problems. First, every occurrence of WaitNameChild() in our code (that was working in the earlier TCs) stopped working in TC9.  Since it was easy to consistently reproduce the problem, we reported it to SmartBear who ultimately gave us a patch to fix this particular issue.  We then found that the behavior of our tests using TC9 (9.0.1312.7) is not consistent like the earlier TCs; often times TC9 fails to perform the intended actions, resulting a hang at unpredictable part of the test. Therefore, we currently have no choice but keep using TC8.  

Has anyone been able to resolve those TC9 issues discussed in this forum and successfully been able to use TC9 instead of TC8?   

3 Replies

hlalumiere
    Regular Contributor
    I still have the issues, but we are in the middle of converting a huge project, it is not in production yet. I have hope that the issues will be resolved by the time I am ready to go to town with TC9.

Unfortunately there are still no new on a new build to correct said issues.
    anngeiger
    Occasional Contributor
    We were forced to go to TC9 due to developer compiler upgrades that were not compatible with TC7.  I have had difficulty in the conversion due to changes with both TC and compiler upgrades.  In many cases I was not sure if it was our software, the compiler changes or TC but I have worked through about 1/2 of our tests with our development team and smartbear.   We currently are running about 9hrs of a 15hr test run without any issues (aside from it being overall slower than the old TC).  Hopefully if all goes well with last night's run, we should be up and running except for a few issues the developers need to address due to the compiler changes.