Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Internet Explorer error when testing with testcomplete

I encountered the error 'Windows internet explorer Out of memory at line: ...' when I testing web based application with TestComplete. Here is my test script:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

function Test1()

Test1()

{

var iexplore;

var table;

var frame;

var fieldset;

var textbox;

var panel;

var panel2;

var form;

var button;

var branch;

var valut;

var vselect;

valut =DDT["ExcelDriver"]("D:/My Documents/TestComplete 8 Projects/CashDrawLimiit/salbar.xlsx", "Sheet1", true);

iexplore = Aliases.iexplore;

iexplore.ToUrl("http://192.168.3.16:8317/");

table = iexplore.page.tableTable1;

frame = table.cell.frameMainscreen;

fieldset = frame.formF009001.fieldsetFrameClear;

textbox = fieldset.fieldsetFieldPrompt.textboxTellerno;

form = frame.formForm1;

form.panelLimitdefinitions.panel.HoverMouse(189, 21);

textbox = form.fieldsetField.textboxBranchno;

textbox.Click(44, 7);

textbox.SetText("5003");

button = form.buttonButton1;

button.Click();

while(!valut.EOF())

{

vselect = form.fieldsetCombobox.selectSelect1;

vselect.setActive();

vselect.ClickItem(0);

vselect.Keys(valut.Value(0));

branch =DDT["ExcelDriver"]("D:/My Documents/TestComplete 8 Projects/CashDrawLimiit/branch.xlsx", "Sheet1", true);

while(!branch.EOF())

{

button.HoverMouse(29, 8);

textbox.Click(36, 11);

textbox.SetText(branch.Value(0));

form.buttonButton2.Click();

branch["Next"]();

}

DDT.CloseDriver(branch.Name);

valut["Next"]();

}

DDT.CloseDriver(valut.Name);

}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

branch.xlsx contains 68 rows. salbar.xlsx contains 15 rows. 8th row of salbar.xlsx file error raised 'Windows internet explorer Out of memory at line: ...'. I don't understand why this error raised. My internet explorer's temp size is 1024MB. I attached add-ons settings of intenet explorer. Please any help for this issue?

regards,

Buyandelger 

1 Reply

• Hi,

To help us investigate the problem, please generate dump files when the error occurs and send them to us.

Before reproducing the issue, disable the Loosely Coupled IE feature in Internet Explorer. To do this:

1. Open the registry editor.

2. Go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main section and locate the TabProcGrowth key. If the key does not exist, create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value or String Value and name it as TabProcGrowth accordingly.

3. Set the value of the TabProcGrowth key to 0. This will instruct IE to open all of the tabs within the same iexplore.exe process.

To generate dumps, follow the steps below:

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package from:

http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_x86_6.11.1.404.msi

and install it.

2. When the error occurs, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -pn TestComplete.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\TCDump1.dmp;q"

This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the TestComplete.exe process to the "C:\TCDump1.dmp" dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

3. Generate a memory dump for the Internet Explorer process as well:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -pn iexplore.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\IEDump1.dmp;q"

4. Wait for two minutes.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 twice more (but correct the dump file names in the command lines).

6. Send us all of the generated dump files.