Forum Discussion

Gill
Occasional Contributor
4 months ago

I am having issues with Popup

I am running a test where a popup opens when I loin, when I close the popup screen and logout and when I run the test it gives me an error message  and I am not able to select the popup X button when I take my cursor on it, and it don't give me the red square, it highlight the whole Popup window which is not what I am looking for, anyone know how to deal with this issue, I don't have dev background and I am not using any scripting. 

I really appreciate if someone can help me with this issue.  

6 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Is this a web application? Are you using keyword tests? What version of TestComplete are you using?

Gill
      Occasional Contributor

Version: 15.61.1.7 x64

And yes I am using on chrome browser, I don't think I am using any keyword tests.  

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

That's a key word test!

You need to ensure that the name mapping, correctly identifies the control you are having issues with. See Object Identification - this is important. 

Gill
      Occasional Contributor

the issue is when it gets to the popup screen it doesn't let me select the X to close it, it treats the whole popup dialog box as an object, so I need to find a way to be able to click on X or Ok button to close the popup. I tried the Frame script thing, but it doesn't even work. 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

What is "Frame script thing"!?

Have you used the Object Browser or the Object Spy tool against that dialog? To see what properties of methods are exposed?