Forum Discussion

itvrdeich
Contributor
12 years ago

HTTP Load Testing Issues/Confusion

Hi,

Im trying to do some load testing and performance monitoring of our http requests.

So I have a series of requests that are sent as you can see in the screenshot and returned and everything is correct except for one thing, the response time.

I only have 1 virtual user sending these requests and was suprised that request 16 took 41.74 seconds.

On the same machine, I then used Fiddler to monitor the response time and it was what i expected to be, around 6 - 7 seconds.

So my question is why are these requests so slow when running them through test complete? I also noticed that when I added up all the Response Times, it didnt add up to the Time(s) field as shown in the second screenshot.

I am pretty confused whats going on here.

To add more confusion, I had a look at the runtime graph, and notice the last request never got passed? the Virtual user line even remained at 1 and didnt drop to 0 at the end.

It would be great to have this cleared up by someone please.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Anonymous
    Ivan

while I'd like to be able to answer your question in a meaningful fashion, the truth of the matter is that we are in the last months before EOL of load test module in TestComplete. It is removed from TestComplete 9 altogheter, as we released a dedicated load testing product called LoadComplete last year. Measurements in TestComplete may well be incorrect but I am afraid we will not be able to investigate at all.

One change I may suggest is zeroing out all think times other than for page requests and looking at results then.

Best,
  • Hi,

Our team is working on FTP_Browser_download , but we are not able to login in ftp server . 

In keyword view , there we are mentioning our  url-xyz , user name-xyz , passwor-xyz ,

please guide us how to download file through ftb server.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Nidhi,

I see that you are asking the same question in different threads. This is not the best approach to get the answer.

I suggest that you create a new thread where you can clarify the question you have. If you have some examples, you can post them there, as well.