Forum Discussion

roli62
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

How to work on a SAP ShellTree object and where to find SAP methods documentation?

I have bee using SAPWebGui for testing but I found that the SAPGui is more reliable and I am trying to switch over. But here I am facing issues with addressing objects.

I am testing SAPGui Release 800 with Quartz theme. I want to work on a ShellTree object with a couple of lines and columns. In the object browser, there are a lot of SAP methods for the ShellTree and my assumption is that I can use them for example to select items. I tried the SelectNode(NodeKey) in the assumption that the node is highlighted. But I don't know how the NodeKey is composed, so I took just simple integer values. Nothing is highlighted.

Then I executed shelltree.SelectedItemNode. This returned an object, but I cannot get a sensible content of the object and I don't know what I could expect from it. 

The bottom line of my question is how can I use the SAP methods in TC and where to find the documentation for them.

Thank you very much for supporting me.

• The coding will be something like,

var shelltree = sapsession.FindById("wnd[0]/usr/cntlTREE_CONTAINER/shellcont/shell/shellcont[1]/shell"); // Get tree control
    shelltree.currentCellRow = 2
    shelltree.doubleClickCurrentCell;

See GuiTree Object to see methods and parameters, and Special Functions of the Tree Structure to understand the tree structure.

Also, if you do a internet search, you can get snippets of coding.

5 Replies

roli62
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you rraghvani, but I know this page. My SAPGui is supported and I automated already a couple of things with SAPGui. However, I cannot operate on the ShellTree  and I cannot find any instructions on that.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

What does the Object Browser tree view look like for your control?

For example,

roli62
      Occasional Contributor

Hi rraghvani,

the first screenshot shows the object browser tree and the object typ "ShellTree":

The following screenshot shows the methods I want to use (or should I say, that I think I can use for my purpose 😉 )  :

And finally, this is the GUI I want to work on, e.g. select a node or enable a checkmark:

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

The coding will be something like,

var shelltree = sapsession.FindById("wnd[0]/usr/cntlTREE_CONTAINER/shellcont/shell/shellcont[1]/shell"); // Get tree control
    shelltree.currentCellRow = 2
    shelltree.doubleClickCurrentCell;

See GuiTree Object to see methods and parameters, and Special Functions of the Tree Structure to understand the tree structure.

Also, if you do a internet search, you can get snippets of coding.