Forum Discussion

Marsha_R
Champion Level 3
11 years ago
Solved

How to remove projects from Recent Projects on Start Page

Some of our entries are very old and the projects are no longer in use.  How do we edit this list?

• Hi Marsha, I couldn't find a way of removing individual items from the list, however, if you don't mind losing some entries, click the Tools | Options menu to open the Options dialog and under General | Project there is an option "Number of recently used projects to keep:" which defaults to 8.

If you change this value to 1, click OK, then restart Test Complete, only the last Project will be on the Start Page, removing old Projects.

You can, of course, change the value to, say, 4, to retain, for example, the last four entries.

Regards,

Phil Baird

7 Replies

Philip_Baird
    Community Expert

Hi Marsha, I couldn't find a way of removing individual items from the list, however, if you don't mind losing some entries, click the Tools | Options menu to open the Options dialog and under General | Project there is an option "Number of recently used projects to keep:" which defaults to 8.

If you change this value to 1, click OK, then restart Test Complete, only the last Project will be on the Start Page, removing old Projects.

You can, of course, change the value to, say, 4, to retain, for example, the last four entries.

Regards,

Phil Baird

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi,

Actually, it is enough just to select/click on such a project. TestComplete will try to open it and if the project is not accessible it will be removed from the list.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    This is strange as it always worked for me...

Maybe TestComplete does not have enough permissions to acess the registry (where it stores information about Recent Projects AFAIR). What OS are you using? Was TestComplete started As Administrator in case of Vista and later OSes?
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Marsha,

> Running on Windows 7 and I don't know if it's running As Administrator or not.

Right-click on the shortcut that you use to start TestComplete. There must be the 'Run As Administrator' menu command. To always run as administrator: right-click the shortcut; select Properties; click the Advanced... button; check the 'Run as administrator' check-box and close all windows by pressing the OK button.
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    I had tried clicking on the unwanted projects before and I got a message that the project couldn't be found but they never dropped out of the list.  Limiting the list to 1 did what I wanted.
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    Not strange for me because it never worked that way here!  

Running on Windows 7 and I don't know if it's running As Administrator or not.

Moot point anyway since I have the list down to the one and only project that I am working on.