function Task1_1 ()

{

aqEnvironment.RebootAndContinue("Task1_2","PWD","USER");

Log.Message(...)

}

function Task1_2()

{

}

Task1_1 correctly calls reboot and starts execution of Task1_2. However It doesnot wait till Task1_2 is completed successfully or with failure.

I tried using return_status=aqEnvironment.RebootAndContinue("Task1_2","PWD","USER");, which did not help.

How do I make task1_1 to wait till task1_2 is over?  I would also like to Log few messages after rebootandcontine methos is returned.

Regards,

Shubhangi

5 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Shubhangi,

Unfortunately, TestComplete doesn't allow performing the actions you need. When you call the RebootAndContinue method, TestComplete jumps to the function specified as the parameter of this function, and it doesn't go back to the main function (Task1_1) after the called function (Task1_2) is executed.

If you need to post some messages to the test log, I recommend that you add the corresponding lines to the end of the Task1_2 function's code.

• Thanks Irina.

I need to know the acknowledgement
    from the called function.

I will not be able to use this method for my testsuite.

Because almost every testcase needs to follow some steps postreboot and come back to original function.

Currently we are using Sareboot as action after run and then wait till machine comes up.

What method/s do you recommend
    for this test scenario?

Thanks,

Shubhangi

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Shubhangi,

Currently we are using Sareboot as action after run and then wait till machine comes up.

As far as I know, there is no other way to reboot a host from an HTTP task. Do you have any problems with this approach?

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Shubhangi,

I think, I didn't manage to express my opinion correctly. I'm sorry.

In my previous post, I asked why you couldn't use the approach you were using at that moment. I asked about it, because I thought that you were using it without any problems. To help us investigate the problem, please contact our Support Team and send them the following information:

1. Your TestComplete project.

2. The tested application (MgntTool.exe) so that they could reproduce the behavior and find a solution faster.

Thanks.