Forum Discussion

Oferv
Super Contributor
13 years ago

how to launch control panel using code

Hi,

i would like to launch-->Devices and Printers but not by using recording but by using simple line codes.

does anyone have a solution?

Thanks 

19 Replies

Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Hi Irina,

Thanks for clarify that but, if we'll take for example the following script:

TargetFolder = "C:\Logs" 
     Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
     Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(TargetFolder)
     Set colItems = objFolder.Items
     For i = 0 to colItems.Count - 1
         colItems.Item(i).InvokeVerbEx("Print")
     Next

and try and convert it to c#script it will fail.

this is what i did so far but it fail:

TargetFolder = ProjectSuite["Variables"]["TextFile"] 

var objShell = Sys.OleObject("Shell.Application")

var objFolder = objShell.Namespace(TargetFolder) 

var colItems = objFolder.Items

for (i = 0 ; i < colItems.Count - 1 ; i++)

colItems.Item(i).InvokeVerbEx("Print")

Next

would be happy if you can help me solve that one,the purpose is to print all files in a folder one by one

Thanks
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Ofer,

I've corrected your code a little bit, and it works fine:

var TargetFolder = "C:\\Logs";

var objShell = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application");

var objFolder = objShell["Namespace"](TargetFolder);

var colItems = objFolder["Items"]();

for (var i = 0; i < colItems["Count"]; i++)

colItems["Item"](i)["InvokeVerbEx"]("Print");

FYI, the CreateObject object in VBScript corresponds to the new ActiveXObject statement in C#Script. Also, there is no need to specify Next at the end of the For statement. I hope this information helps :)

Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Thanks,You are great

Where can i read about all the objects purposes? like OleObject,ActiveXObject,etc i want to know how to convert this kind of code line by myself

Thanks
    Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Irina,

How can i tell the system to use specific printer for printing the documents?the printer i want to use is the default one but somehow it doesn't use it for printing.

Thanks
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Ofer,

Where can i read about all the objects purposes? like OleObject,ActiveXObject,etc

You can find descriptions for all of these objects in MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/).

i want to know how to convert this kind of code line by myself

I've found one useful article (it contains instructions on how to convert JScript code to VBScript code). I recommend that you read it and use some of the mentioned tips vice-versa.

Tips for Converting Samples to VBScript

How can i tell the system to use specific printer for printing the documents? the printer i want to use is the default one but somehow it doesn't use it for printing.

Please clarify one thing: does the script fail to print the selected files, or does it print them using another printer (not the default one)?

Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Hi Irina,

The document does printed but as you said it is using the wrong printer.

I'm using a script who install the printer and as it installed it becomes the default printer.once the script finish installing the printer it start printing list of document located in specific folder but,it start printing using the wrong printer.

Thanks
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Ofer,

Are you sure that the installed printer is recognized as the default one when you try using it for printing? I recommend that you try using Sys.Refresh() before printing the documents. Does this help?

Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Hi Irina,

Yes it does.no need to refresh,once it appear after the installation it has the green V mark,says it's the default.

I'm trying to install that printer using command line and when type this command line in the command prompt window it does install the printer's driver but,when trying to run it in TC i'm getting an error message:

here is the code:

var cmdLine = rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ia /m "Printer Name" /v "Windows 7" /f "C:\\Users\\<USER>\\Downloads\\Drivers\\v3-x64\\xxx.inf"

var WshShell = Sys.OleObject("WScript.Shell") 

WshShell.Run(cmdLine)

Still need to solve the printing to default issue but it can wait for later,this one is more important for me right now.

Thanks
    Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Hi Irina,

Well,i solved the command line issue.

and with regarding the sys.refresh,it looks like it's working as well.

Thanks for the help