Forum Discussion

12 years ago

How to handle name mapping when'm connecting via WIFi dongel

For eg: If i connect my PC via Dongel in network Connection screen we can observe the Wireless Network Connection ICon [1,2,3,4 ]When i open the Wirless Connection on double click of the icon it will display the screenwhich have general setting tab and etc but the header of the window will display the Iconname based on PC

1st PC Wireless network Connection 1 status

2nd PC Wireless Network Connection 4 status

so when i map it for for 1st PC it will be 1 the same doenot work for 2nd PC

So let me know how to handle it generally.atched an image which i followed to make it generic by giving * in place of number but its not working.

Pls provide the solution ASAP

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Get rid of the parentheses around the astrisk...  There is no parenthesis in the original text and, so, there should be none in the mapped text.  The asterisk should be sufficient on it's own.

FYI, for time sensitive requests, I would suggest using a different means than the forum.  Use the following link:

http://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Let me add another suggestion.. rather than mapping the object based upon the Name property, I'd suggest using the properties of Class, Caption, and other such things... Name is a rather volitile property I have found and you'll get more reliability out of using a more direct set of properties.