Forum Discussion

Perla1
Occasional Visitor
9 years ago

How to get Object references on extrenal application( JNLP -Webstart Application)

Hello Alex,

My application downloads a JNLP file(external Application ) -that starts Java swing application.

I have automated till downloading and launching the swing application(Refer screen shot -Modal dialog). I am unable to get reference of "Next Button" on Modal/connect(Refer screen shot) dialog because its an external application and tool fails to identify the objects. but tool identifying the modal dailog from there it fails to identify the objects on the dialog(Next button, cancel, company etc).

Questions:

Do you have any solution for this, if yes kindly advise me?

How do i get refernce of Cancel, Next and Company objects on the dailog( through code)

How do i map those objects

Perla

1 Reply

Perla
    New Contributor

Hello Tanya/Alex,

Please could you help me regarding above issue.

Kind Regards,

Perla

Perla1 wrote:

Hello Alex,

My application downloads a JNLP file(external Application ) -that starts Java swing application.

I have automated till downloading and launching the swing application(Refer screen shot -Modal dialog). I am unable to get reference of "Next Button" on Modal/connect(Refer screen shot) dialog because its an external application and tool fails to identify the objects. but tool identifying the modal dailog from there it fails to identify the objects on the dialog(Next button, cancel, company etc).

Questions:

Do you have any solution for this, if yes kindly advise me?

How do i get refernce of Cancel, Next and Company objects on the dailog( through code)

How do i map those objects

Perla