Forum Discussion

jbcmt
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Going back to TC 8.7?

Is this a way to go back from TC 9.0 to TC 8.70?  I didn't bother to back up before I upgraded, hoping that v 9.0 would be an improvement.  However, it's been a step backwards for us, taking too much time to record and play back our tests.  Although 8.70 had some issues, it was more reliable with our Java application.

Thanks

Jeremy

1 Reply

Anonymous
    Jeremy

unfortunately there is no way to back-convert TC9 projects to a previous version. Yes, backup or - better yet - versioning of tests in an SCM are recommended options before converting projects, and in fact for any sort of disaster recovery in general.

I am sorry to hear that you have performance issues with TC9. We have uncovered a number of issues and have solutions for almost all of them, please check the following thread:

http://community.smartbear.com/forum/post/?mode=singleThread&thread=2d2828b9-5b66-4b5a-b94a-a739332514c8

If none of those cases match your symptoms, my best suggestion will be to contact our support directly. A number of users reported that in general TC9 is faster than TC8.x unless of course you happen to run into issues described in the thread above.